Sunday 12 April 2009

Lip to Lip with Kelly the Giraffe

Moses, Cleber, Moses #2 and I had a little make-out session with Kelly the Giraffe at the Giraffe center in Karen. The center allows you to get up and close and quite personal with the giraffes and is an experience I'll certainly never forget, nor will you after seeing these photos. They speak volumes. We even had the chance to visit with the male zebra, responsible for the two baby giraffes who were carousing with the other giraffe's in the distance. His name, Jock. Again, a site to behold. Yes, I fed him and yes I was so nervous I squealed. Cleber squealed silently but I could tell in his eyes that even he felt totally belittled by this majestic animal. Imagine the tallest man in the world, times by two and his head in dipping into your hand with a very large black tongue (whose saliva is a natural antiseptic).

No comments:

Post a Comment